Catering with Brown Dining Services
Whether you’re ordering lunch for a meeting, planning a reception for 200, or stressing out about a five-course dinner for a visiting VIP, we offer the complete range of services to ensure your event is a stellar success. Our chefs are culinary all-stars, and they love making custom menus, as well as classic comforts, that are not just healthy and delicious, they’re locally and humanely sourced. Our experienced staff can execute your vision with unparalleled service and taste.
Explore Our Offerings
Our menus are designed to simplify your event planning and give you a feel for our fresh, contemporary dishes and service options. Use them as a jumping-off point for discussion as we’re happy to customize.
Planning Your Event
Planning Your Event: Getting Started
There are a lot of details to plan when you’re hosting an event. Our Event Coordinators are here to make the process easier. Our professional team will guide you with professional advice and helpful tips to make your event a success!
Please use our Online Order Form to schedule your event or call our Catering office at x3-2712.
New to the online form? Click here for a few helpful tips.
Due to the large volume of catered events, we require all Online Catering Service Orders to be submitted ten business days prior to your event. Once your catering request has been received, an email confirmation will be sent to the contact listed on the catering service order form.
If your event requires a unique menu or special arrangements, please call us one month prior to schedule a consultation. Please note: A fee may apply based on special requests. Read our terms and conditions or call our Event Coordinators at x3-2712 to learn more.
Let Us Host Your Event
Let Us Host Your Event!
The Sharpe Refectory is arguably the social center of campus, serving over 1,500 students per meal. The Refectory is located on Wriston Quad and offers private dining rooms perfect for hosting your next campus meeting and event.
Advantages to Using the Sharpe Refectory:
- All rooms are air-conditioned
- No room rental with a minimum food order of $150.00
- No table or chair rental fee
- No china or delivery charges
Below seating capacity adjusts with the set-up.
Brown Catering is committed to meeting the needs of guests who have special dietary restrictions (such as a food allergy, intolerance or other medically restricted diet) and recognizes that many of our guests may also adhere to a vegetarian or vegan diet.
Brown Catering Event Coordinators are able to safely and reasonably guide event planners in booking events and making menu selections which can accommodate their guests. In most instances, food allergies and intolerances can be managed independently at events, however, please note:
- Brown Catering does not label all allergens at catered functions.
- With advance notice, Brown Catering can generally accommodate guests who must avoid the most common food allergens, as well as gluten.
- Please review our Notice to Customers to understand our policies and procedures around handling and identifying allergens in our recipes and on menus.
- Brown Catering is unable to accommodate individual dietary preferences. Dietary preferences can be made directly to the event planner. It is the event planner’s decision to modify the event menu based on guest preference.
- Brown Catering is unable to accommodate for therapeutic diets (i.e. diabetic diet, cardiac diet, renal diet, etc.)
Please reference the Controllers website for the Business Meals and Hospitality Policy.
- Brown University Catering Services does not service any bar-only events, any alcohol not provided by Brown University Catering or cash bars. We would be more than happy to assist you in procuring these services.
- Brown Catering provides a full bar service: Providing top shelf liquors and cordials upon request. Please contact our Event Coordinators for availability.
- There is a bar fee of $5.00 per guest, for a full bar service, this covers Insurance for the University your ice, plastic glassware and mixers (sodas additional).
- Brown Catering provides Beer and Wine service. There is a $2.00 per guest fee for this services This fee Covers Insurance for the University and your plastic glassware is included.
Brown First Outside Vendors
“Brown First” is a University-wide initiative that began in July 2002. Under this policy, Brown Dining has the first opportunity to provide food and catering services to the Brown community.
We want to hear from you!
Tell us about your event, ask a question, or leave us feedback. We will get back to you shortly. Thanks!
Terms & Conditions
Let us put our expertise to work for you. Our Catering Sales Manager will initially assess your event and guide you with your service needs. Catering Management uses its professional discretion to determine the amount of staff needed to create a successful event.