Quinoa crunch! A tasty fusion of Asian and Pre-Columbian flavors.
RECIPEMakes six 3/4 cup servings
- 3/4 cup quinoa, dry
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup canned water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, diced
- Place water, quinoa, soy sauce, and ginger into a pot andbring to a boil. Lower the heat to simmer and cook, covered, for 15minutes. Remove from heat and steam for another 10-15 minutes.Fluff grains and cool.
- Once the grain is cool, add the water chestnuts, green onions,cilantro, orange juice and vinegar. Mix well to incorporate. Serve 3/4cup portions cold.