The rich tahini sauce perfectly complements the winter squash while providing heart benefits through oils in the sesame seeds.Serves 4-6
- 2-3 delicata squash (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Clean squash well. Slice into rings 1/2-inch thick and remove seeds and pulp by slicing inner edge of squash rings.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon oil and place on a baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with one pinch of salt per pan and roast about 10-12 minutes on each side until soft and browned on edges.
- While squash is roasting, blend remaining salt, olive oil, tahini, and lemon in a food processor or by hand until well blended.
- Remove squash from oven, allow to cool slightly, and serve with tahini sauce for dipping.