Although harvested in the early fall, spaghetti squash can be stored in a cool environment to be used throughout the year.Serves 8 large servings
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 4 medium leeks
- olive oil for brushing
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper to taste
- herbs such as rosemary, oregano, thyme and/or grated cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F and oil a baking pan.
- Slice squash in half lengthwise, remove pulp and seeds and place face down in prepared baking pan.
- Trim leeks at root and where dark green starts, cut in half lengthwise. Rinse well, removing all dirt from between leaves, and brush with olive oil. Place in pan alongside squash and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until squash and leeks are soft. Leeks may need to be sprinkled with water during cooking to keep moist.
- Let squash cool slightly then use a fork to rake out “spaghetti”. While squash is cooling, slice leeks and add to squash once served. Top with grated cheese and/or herbs (optional).