Students who dine in Brown Dining facilities are held to the same behavioral standards that exist through all aspects of University life. Brown Dining policies are consistent with the University’s Code of Student Conduct. The following constitute violations of Brown Dining Policy which either occur in a Brown Dining facility or interfere with Brown Dining’s ability to operate its businesses:
- Brown Dining reserves the right to prohibit the use of backpacks or other large bags in facilities, as well as to inspect bags.
- For the health and safety of our customers, shoes are required for admittance to all Dining Services facilities.
- Removal of any food or drink in a dining facility without paying.
- Theft of any utensils, dishware, glasses or any other supplies or equipment from a dining hall or catered event.
- Entering, or attempting to enter, a dining hall through an unauthorized entrance.
- Fraudulent use of a Brown University ID card, which includes attempting to use someone else’s card to either gain access to a dining hall or to pay for your purchase.
- Harassment of any Brown Dining employee, customer, vendor or visitor.
- Possession of alcoholic beverages, illegal substances or drug paraphernalia in any eatery.
- Damage to or destruction of Brown Dining equipment or facilities.